Resale Projects: Technology change-outs
Hospitals resell equipment for a few reasons. The facility may no longer offer the service the equipment was intended for, the hospital may be closing or transitioning to a new location, or the facility may be changing out old equipment for new technology. Our January newsletter will discuss what happens with the surplus equipment during technology change-outs.
Medical equipment technology, like IT equipment is constantly evolving and newer, faster, better options exist for hospitals every year. In the competitive healthcare marketplace the demand is high for the latest, greatest equipment. When planning for acquisition of new technology the hospital must also have a plan in place for assets that will be replaced by the new purchase. Prior to issuing a purchase order for new equipment an administrator should be able to answer the following questions about the soon to be decommissioned asset:
- What is the secondary market value of the equipment? Many know trade-in value the OEM is willing to offer, but will the secondary market return higher dollars?
- Can the surplus items be re-purposed within the health system?
- Is donation a route that will benefit the facility?
- Does your hospital have a plan in case the equipment needs to be scrapped for salvage?
The key to maximizing old assets is planning for disposition before ordering new equipment so a facility does not limit its options.
MRG Recent Projects:
MRG completed a pump change out for a hospital client that involved the marketing, sale and removal of 1,400+ pumps which generated over $670,000.00 in revenue. The turnkey project was completed within 3 weeks from initial sales and marketing to pump removal. Prior to performing resale management services MRG’s client knew what potential returns would be months before selecting the new pumps.
Follow MRG on LinkedIn!
Stay connected with up-to-date information and news on inventory, appraisal, and resale management services when you follow Manage Resource Group, Inc. on LinkedIn!
Follow us now for your chance to win! Once we have reached 50 followers, we will have a drawing for $25.00 Starbucks gift cards! Two winners will be selected.
MRG Fun Facts:
- Snowflakes fall on average at 3.1 mph.
- Snowflakes have six sides, and no two are alike…scientists studied up to 400,000 without finding a single duplicate!
- Think you’ve had too much snow? The most snow ever recorded within a 24 hour time frame was 76 inches! This occurred in Silver Lake, Colorado back in 1921.
Manage Resource Group, Inc. is a privately owned healthcare equipment management company headquartered in Berea, Ohio. Our client focused services create strategies for each customer to increase profitability on capital equipment. We are industry experts offering the following service lines:
- Inventory services
- Appraisal services
- Resale management
For more information, visit our website at www.manageresourcegroup.net or join links below.