As we close out 2014 and prepare for 2015 it’s good to reflect on equipment management accomplishments and challenges that organizations encountered this past year.
MRG would like to offer a few thoughts/questions about equipment management as we closeout 2014:
- How many new physician practices joined the health system in 2014? How many will in 2015?
- How are you integrating the assets acquired when a physician group joins the health system?
- When was the last time you recorded an actual inventory of the capital equipment in service?
- Does your organization have a policy and process in place to handle decommissioned assets?
- Does your organization include disposition of assets when planning capital budgets for replacement equipment?
- Will your organization be involved with a system wide technology transitions in 2015?
- What is the greatest challenge you face when dealing with trade-ins, reselling surplus or scrapping excess asset with no secondary value?
- How do you identify if surplus equipment has secondary market value?
- How do you determine the best course of direction for decommissioned assets?
- What is your highest priority when handling surplus equipment: generating revenue, freeing up space, eliminating time restraints associated with handling, etc.?
Every organization is different and with that comes specific challenges each organization faces. Educating providers with answers to equipment management challenges is something MRG is always striving to achieve. The goal of our newsletters this past year has been to bring the expertise and experiences we have learned over the years and share them with you. We will continue to provide comprehensive information to assist your equipment management needs for 2015.
The entire MRG team would like to wish you and your organization a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015!