The NBA Finals showed us that teamwork is vital to success. Cleveland lost important players to the team due to injuries and LeBron ended up not having the support he needed. Golden State stole the win because the whole team remained healthy and they knew they all had to pull their weight in order to succeed.
Departments within a hospital must also work together in order to achieve their goals during the resale process. First, Clinical departments work with Purchasing and Engineering departments when they wish to replace capital equipment. All 3 departments determine what items will be purchased new. The Clinical department then works with Engineering to remove old equipment from service. Lastly, Engineering works with Purchasing to determine the best equipment disposition route: resale, donation or scrap.
When your whole team is on the same page, it makes for a job well done.
Manage Resource Group, Inc. will be exhibiting at the 53rd Annual AHRMM Conference. The event is scheduled for August 9-12th at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Mark your calendar to attend this great show that will feature the latest information and innovations for supply chain professionals. Be sure to stop by and visit the MRG at booth #725.
Healthcare facilities have choices when equipment becomes surplus. Items can be stored, donated, scrapped, or resold. Selling surplus equipment creates the best returns on out of service items, but sometimes hospitals are hesitant to resell equipment for fear of needing it in the future and other reasons. Like most things though, timing is everything. Here are 5 reasons you should be selling your equipment now:
1. Space Saved: Surplus equipment takes up valuable space in a hospital while not producing any clinical value.
2. Highest resale value is now: equipment does not appreciate over time. The best time to resell it is as soon as it is surplus. There are newer technologies that will be resold soon and will depreciate your asset even more.
3. Your facility doesn’t need it anymore: The equipment was retired for a reason so why hold onto it anymore?
4. The technology is probably obsolete: OEMs obsolete equipment quicker than ever before, making it hard to find support or parts for old equipment.
5. Reselling equipment is easy: By streamlining the internal resale process and working with a reliable 3rd party vendor, selling your surplus equipment has never been easier.
Please contact Manage Resource Group at 888.557.4797 or visit www.manageresourcegroup.net for more information.